This course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
As Dev and Ops have been working in parallel with Dev focused on Agile/Scrum and Ops focused on ITSM/ITIL, this course strives to bring together individual achievements to deliver full business value. The course cross-pollinates Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management so Dev starts to manage services instead of products and Ops and ITSM become more agile by scaling to “just enough” process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster, improve the collaboration between Dev and Ops, overcome constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process design that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the Certified Agile Service Manager exam.
The target audience for the CASM course is:
● Practice owners and process designers
● Developers who are interested in helping make processes more agile
● Managers who are looking to bridge multiple practices into a DevOps environment
● Employees and managers responsible for engineering or improving process
● Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives
● Anyone responsible for:
● Some Familiarity with ITSM processes and Scrum is recommended
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an
● What does it mean to “be agile?”
● The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
● Adapting Agile thinking and values into service management
● Agile concepts and practices including DevOps, ITIL®, SRE, Lean and Scrum
● Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to processes
● The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
Certified Agile Service Manager
16-17 Feb 2023
6-7 Apr 2023
17-18 Aug 2023
7-8 Dec 2023