If you have been interested in the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform technology, but have not implemented it, now is a great opportunity to learn more at no cost. Enjoy Introduction to OpenShift Applications (DO101) free, until June 30, 2020.
A developer-focused introduction to OpenShift application building, deployment, scaling, and troubleshooting.
Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to accelerate and streamline application development, delivery, and deployment on-premise or in the cloud. As OpenShift and Kubernetes continue to become widely adopted, developers are increasingly required to understand how to develop, build, and deploy applications with a containerized application platform. While some developers are interested in managing the underlying infrastructure, most developers want to focus on developing applications and using OpenShift for its simple building, deployment, and scaling capabilities.
This course is a low prerequisite on-ramp for OpenShift development. Many developers want to find ways to use OpenShift in their organization and have heard of its many benefits, but they lack the necessary skills or interest in
approaching OpenShift from a low-level, bottom-up oriented approach. Most developers are instead focused on finding ways to write and deploy applications faster and easier. Students who are interested in learning more about
the underlying OpenShift infrastructure and have strong RHCSA-level skills should instead start with Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180).
Students should have a strong background in application development and object oriented programming. If not, it is recommended to first take Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183).
• This course is a bring-your-own-device training.
• You must be able to install software onto your device.
• Internet access is required.
Impact on the Organization
Organizations with developers that know how to leverage a container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, are expected to see improvement in application reliability and scalability, while decreasing
developer overhead. Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the Individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to deploy and update applications in an OpenShift 4 cluster. Using the OpenShift 4 web console, students will be able to build, deploy, troubleshoot, and scale applications.
Course Content Summary
• Manage application source code with Git
• Develop applications with VSCode
• Deploy an application to OpenShift
• Update an application
• Configure application secrets
• Scale an application
• Troubleshoot and fixing an application
Configure a Cloud Application Developer Environment
Configure a developer environment with a modern integrated developer environment and version control.
Deploy Applications to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Deploy an application to OpenShift.
Configure Application builds in OpenShift
Manage application builds in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Scale Applications in OpenShift
Scale and test an application with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Troubleshoot Applications in OpenShift
Identify and resolve common problems in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Terms and Conditions
- An individual Named Participant may set up a free access to the combined Red Hat Online Learning (ROLE) and video classroom (VC) version of the DO101 course through June 30, 2020.
- The Named Participant must have a redhat.com account, or set up a redhat.com account at the time of registering for free access to DO101.
- The Named Participant will have free access to DO101 for one (1) thirty (30)-day period from the date of registration.
- The Named Participant will be limited during the free access period to a maximum of ten (10) hours of lab usage.
- The Named Participant will not be able to download an eBook as part of the free access period.
- Iverson reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions without giving prior notice.
For further information or registration, please contact us at:
Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd (303330-M)
Tel: +603 7726 2678 // +6012 602 6277