What is the Employment Insurance System (EIS)?
The EIS was first implemented in January 2018 by SOCSO. It is a financial scheme aimed at helping employees who lost their jobs until they find new employment. The contributions are being collected in a fund to provide financial assistance to retrenched employees. It also aims to provide extended welfare coverage and aid in job search via career counselling and job-hunting assistance.
Iverson PERKESO EIS Program List
Retrenched Employee - Reskilled and Upskilled yourself now with Perkeso EIS Benefits. Get Funded Up To RM4000 Now
lets us guide you to apply the claimable course for you.
fill up the detail below. We will contact you as soon as posible
How the EIS can help you?
The Employment Insurance System Act 2017 covers all employees who are:
- Malaysian citizens/ permanent residents/ temporary residents
- Aged 18-60
- Working in the private sector and contribute to EIS
- Working under a contract of service
Eligibility and Conditions
Insured Persons (IP) are eligible to receive benefits if they:
- Apply within 60 days from the date of loss of employment (LOE)
- Satisfy the Contributions Qualifying Conditions (CQC) i.e. have paid monthly contributions for a minimum number of months
- Loss of employment (LOE) as defined in the EIS Act
What are considered as the Loss of Employment (LOE)?
LOE occurs if the contract of service of an Insured Person (IP) is terminated or becomes void.
- Normal retrenchment
- VSS/MSS (voluntary/mutual separation schemes)
- Closure of workplace due to natural disasters (force majeure)
- Bankruptcy or closure of the business
- Constructive dismissal
- Resignation due to sexual harassment or threats made in the workplace
- Resignation after being ordered to perform dangerous duties that are not within the job scope
What are not included under the Loss of Employment (LOE)?
The following CANNOT be accepted as LOE:
- Dismissal due to employee misconduct
- Voluntary resignation
- Expiry of a fixed-term contract or completion of a project
How to apply?
You may apply online or manually at the nearest SOCSO office.
Please enclose a copy of the following documents with your application:
- National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)
- Proof of loss of employment (e.g termination letter, VSS/MSS letter)
- Bank account information
- Payment slips for the 6 months before the date of loss of employment
- Job offer (if applicable)
After successful application, please apply for training to https://eis.perkeso.gov.my/eisportal/insured/login