Training is not a commodity – all training centres are not the same. Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd is the most established, the most reputable, and the top professional IT training provider in Malaysia. With a large pool of experienced and certified trainers, state-of-the-art facilities, and well-designed courseware, Iverson offers superior training, a more impactful learning experience and highly effective results.
At Iverson, our focus is on providing high-quality IT training to corporate customers, meeting their learning needs and helping them to achieve their training objectives. Iverson has the flexibility to provide training solutions whether for a single individual or the largest corporation in a well-paced or accelerated training programme.
Our courses continue to evolve along with the fast-changing technological advances. Our instructor-led training services are available on a public and a private (in-company) basis. Some of our courses are also available as online, on demand, and hybrid training.
The Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX/Linux: Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas InfoScale Storage environments, including Volume Manager (VxVM), File System (VxFS), and Cluster File System (CFS).
This class covers how to use InfoScale Storage to manage disks, disk groups, and volumes by using a variety of InfoScale Storage user interfaces, including the Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM) Web console.
You learn the basics of online file system administration and recovery from disk failures. In addition, you learn about data replication using Veritas File Replicator and Veritas Volume Replicator. You also learn how to configure Veritas Cluster Volume Manager and Veritas Cluster File System.
This course is for UNIX/Linux system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff who will be installing, operating or integrating InfoScale storage.
Knowledge of and hands-on experience with UNIX system administration is required.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Create, configure, and manage disks, disk groups, and volumes.
• Administer file systems.
• Manage components in the VxVM architecture.
• Manage multiple paths to disk devices.
• Identify types of disk failures and how to resolve them.
• Describe concepts and components specific to Veritas Replicator, and Veritas File Replicator.
• Configure a CFS cluster according to a specified sample design.
• Configure shared disk groups and volumes.
• Configure shared file systems.
• Share local disks among systems in a cluster.
• Operating system storage devices and virtual data storage
• Volume Manager (VxVM) storage objects
• VxVM volume layouts and RAID levels
• Preparing disks and disk groups for volume creation
• Creating a volume and adding a file system
• Displaying disk and disk group information
• Displaying volume configuration information
• Removing volumes, disks, and disk groups
• Volume layouts
• Creating volumes with various layouts
• Allocating storage for volumes
• Administering mirrored volumes
• Resizing a volume and a file system
• Moving data between systems
• Renaming VxVM objects
• Benefits of using Veritas File System
• Using Veritas File System commands
• Logging in VxFS
• Controlling file system fragmentation
• Using thin provisioning disk arrays
• InfoScale Storage 7.3 SmartIO
• Support for caching on Solid State Drives (SSDs)
• Using SmartAssist Tool
• Managing components in the VxVM architecture
• Discovering disk devices
• Managing multiple paths to disk devices
• DMP in a VMware ESX/ESXi environment
• Managing DMP for VMware
• Administering the SmartPool
• Performance monitoring and tuning using the DMP console
• How does VxVM interpret failures in hardware?
• Recovering disabled disk groups
• Resolving disk failures
• SFCFS overview
• SFCFS architecture
• SFCFS communication
• VCS management of SFCFS infrastructure
• VxVM and CVM overview
• CVM concepts
• CVM configuration
• CVM response to storage disconnectivity
• Cluster File System concepts
• Data flow in CFS
• Administering CFS Flexible Storage Sharing
• Understanding Flexible Storage Sharing
• FSS storage objects
• FSS case study
• Flexible Storage Sharing implementation
• FSS configuration
• Disaster recovery concepts
• Defining replication
• Replication options and technologies
• Veritas technologies for disaster recovery
• Understanding Veritas File Replicator
• Setting up replication for a Veritas file system
• Error recovery with Veritas File Replicator
• Veritas Volume Replicator overview
• Comparing volume replication with volume management
• Volume Replicator components
• Volume Replicator data flow
• Replication setup
• Assessing the status of the replication environment
• Migration, takeover, and fast failback
19-23 Apr 2021
11-15 Oct 2021
PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.