Training is not a commodity – all training centres are not the same. Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd is the most established, the most reputable, and the top professional IT training provider in Malaysia. With a large pool of experienced and certified trainers, state-of-the-art facilities, and well-designed courseware, Iverson offers superior training, a more impactful learning experience and highly effective results.
At Iverson, our focus is on providing high-quality IT training to corporate customers, meeting their learning needs and helping them to achieve their training objectives. Iverson has the flexibility to provide training solutions whether for a single individual or the largest corporation in a well-paced or accelerated training programme.
Our courses continue to evolve along with the fast-changing technological advances. Our instructor-led training services are available on a public and a private (in-company) basis. Some of our courses are also available as online, on demand, and hybrid training.
Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 10.0: Advanced Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, security, disaster recovery, application, and database protection on physical and virtual machines, and protecting data backed up to and from the cloud.
This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Cassandra, and Hadoop backups and restores along with other modern workloads like containerized applications, and Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor. NetBackup APIs, Parallel Streaming Framework, Universal Shares, Bare Metal Restore, and NetBackup MSDP Cloud are also discussed in this course.
This course is intended for NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration and development staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup 10.0 features and functionality.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Ensure that your NetBackup environment and data are secure using NetBackup security features.
• Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancement features.
• Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using NetBackup MSDP cloud.
• Improve deduplication backup performance and optimize deduplication restores and rehydration.
• Protect and recover the MSDP catalog,
• Configure Universal Shares and back up to Universal Shares.
• Configure a Build-Your-Own server for Universal Shares
• Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, and Hadoop databases.
• Configure and protect containerized applications in Docker and Kubernetes.
• Use NetBackup to protect Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor workloads.
• Protect in-cloud workloads using NetBackup and orchestrate restores of NetBackup images.
• Work with NetBackup APIs.
• Configure and use Bare Metal Restore.
• Protect databases using NetBackup XBSA.
• Protect Cassandra Data
• Work with Legacy Policies and Generic Application Backups.
• Understanding Security Concerns in a Backup Environment
• Data-in-transit Encryption
• Using NetBackup Key Management Services
• Encrypting NetBackup Deduplication Data
• Using NetBackup Client Encryption
• NetBackup Malware Tool
• Configuration and Performance Guidelines
• Guidelines for Managing the NetBackup Catalog
• Performance Guidelines for NetBackup Policies
• Measuring and Evaluating NetBackup Performance
• Tuning the NetBackup Data Transfer Path
• MSDP Cloud Support
• MSDP Cloud Immutable (WORM) Storage
• Image sharing Using MSDP Cloud
• Improving Deduplication Backup Performance
• Optimizing Deduplication Restores and Rehydration
• Managing NetBackup MSDP
• Protecting and Recovering MSDP Catalog
• Introduction to Universal Shares
• Build-Your-Own Universal Shares
• Configuring Universal Shares
• Backing Up to a Universal Share
• Protecting Data in a Universal Share
• Introduction to Oracle Databases
• NetBackup for Oracle: Overview
• Configuring Oracle Instances
• Configuring Oracle Database Backups
• Monitoring and Maintaining: Oracle Database Backups
• Oracle Database Disaster Recovery Considerations
• Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
• NetBackup Dedupe Direct Plug-in for Oracle Database
• Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
• NetBackup for SQL Server: Overview
• Managing SQL Server Objects
• Protecting Microsoft SQL Server Assets
• Using SQL Server Intelligent Policies
• Restoring Microsoft SQL Server Assets
• Instant Access for Microsoft SQL Server
• Introduction to Microsoft Exchange Server
• Configuring NetBackup for Exchange
• Exchange and High Availability Environments
• Monitoring and Maintaining Exchange Database Backups
• Exchange Disaster Recovery Considerations
• Parallel Streaming Framework: Overview
• Protecting Hadoop Data Using NetBackup
• Backing Up a Hadoop Cluster
• Recovering Data to a Hadoop Cluster
• NetBackup for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV): Overview
• Configuring NetBackup Communication with Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor
• Protecting Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor Virtual Machines
• Recovering Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor Virtual Machines
• Veritas CloudPoint: Overview
• NetBackup Integration with CloudPoint
• Protecting Cloud Workloads
• Accelerator Backup from Snapshot
• Recovering Cloud Workloads
• Container Fundamentals
• Protecting Containerized Applications in Kubernetes
• Managing Kubernetes Assets
• Protecting and Recovering Kubernetes Assets
• Deploying NetBackup Infrastructure on Azure Kubernetes Service
• Introduction to Veritas Resiliency Platform
• Integrating NetBackup and Veritas Resiliency Platform
• Configuring Resiliency Group with NetBackup Virtual Machines
• Restoring NetBackup Virtual Machines
• Apache Cassandra: Overview
• Configuring NetBackup for Cassandra
• Backing up a Cassandra Cluster
• Recovering Cassandra
• Introduction to Bare Metal Restore
• Configuring Bare Metal Restore
• Protecting Clients
• Shared Resource Trees
• Restoring Clients
• Creating a Virtual Machine from a Client Backup
• Configuring NetBackup with Legacy Oracle Policies
• Monitoring and Maintaining Oracle Database Backups from Legacy Policies
• Using the NetBackup Microsoft SQL Client Console
• Using SQL Server Batch Files in NetBackup Policies
• Customizing Generic Application Backups
• Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Server
• Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint
• SharePoint Disaster Recovery Considerations
• Introduction to NetBackup APIs
• Using NetBackup APIs for Automation
• Creating and Using API Keys
• Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
• NetBackup MySQL Agent: Overview
• Configuring the NetBackup MySQL Agent
• Backup and Restore of MySQL
• NetBackup PostgreSQL Agent: Overview
• Configuring the NetBackup PostgreSQL Agent
• Backup and Restore of PostgreSQL
24-28 Jul 2023
20-24 Nov 2023
PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.