Training is not a commodity – all training centres are not the same. Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd is the most established, the most reputable, and the top professional IT training provider in Malaysia. With a large pool of experienced and certified trainers, state-of-the-art facilities, and well-designed courseware, Iverson offers superior training, a more impactful learning experience and highly effective results.
At Iverson, our focus is on providing high-quality IT training to corporate customers, meeting their learning needs and helping them to achieve their training objectives. Iverson has the flexibility to provide training solutions whether for a single individual or the largest corporation in a well-paced or accelerated training programme.
Our courses continue to evolve along with the fast-changing technological advances. Our instructor-led training services are available on a public and a private (in-company) basis. Some of our courses are also available as online, on demand, and hybrid training.
The Veritas Backup Exec 20.1: Administration course is designed for the data protection professional tasked with architecting, implementing, backing up, and restoring critical data. This class covers how to back up and restore data, configure storage devices, manage media, manage and maintain the Backup Exec environment.
Students also learn how to configure and work with various Backup Exec Agents, which protect applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL, Active Directory, and virtual environments.
This course is designed for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, systems professionals, consultants, backup administrators, backup operators, and others who are responsible for installing, configuring, managing and monitoring Backup Exec 20.1.
You must have basic working knowledge of administrating and configuring Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 and later platforms. You must also have experience configuring server software. Basic working knowledge of the following applications is beneficial, but not required:
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft Exchange Server
• Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
• Microsoft Hyper-V
• VMware virtual infrastructure.
This course includes practical, hands-on lab exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them to your working environment. Additionally, assessment items at the end of each lesson test your knowledge and comprehension of the information provided.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the functionality and architecture of Backup Exec.
• Install and upgrade to Backup Exec 20.1.
• Configure storage devices.
• Manage devices and media used by Backup Exec.
• Run backup and restore jobs.
• Set backup and recovery settings and methods.
• Perform Online Disaster Recovery.
• Work with the Database Encryption Key.
• Install the SDR disk creation wizard, create an SDR disk imagen and recover a server with SDR.
• Backup a physical machine and convert to a virtual machine either simultaneously or on a schedule.
• Install, configure, and manage the Backup Exec Central Admin Server feature.
• Protect remote servers using the appropriate Remote Agents.
• Use Backup Exec to protect databases and applications, including;
• List the supported virtual conversion configurations.
• Configure Backup Exec Deduplication Storage.
• Backup and restore deduplicated data.
• About this course
• Veritas education and support resources
• Data backup basics
• Backup Exec solution offerings
• Backup Exec architecture
• Backup Exec: EOL Items
• Subscription, Perpetual and À la carte Licensing
• Trialware and upgrades
• Capacity and subscription license enforcement
• Updated licensing information
• Capacity widget and capacity metering
• Maintenance and Extended Support Licensing
• Backup Exec: New installation
• Typical installation of Backup Exec
• Custom installation of Backup Exec
• Installation details
• Applying Backup Exec updates
• Launching Backup Exec
• Introduction to Backup and Restore
• Backup Exec storage devices
• Configuring disk storage devices
• Configuring disk cartridge devices
• Configuring deduplication storage
• Configuring Backup Exec storage pools
• Managing disk storage devices
• Cloud storage
• Amazon S3 cloud-based storage
• Google cloud-based storage
• Microsoft Azure cloud-based storage
• Backup Exec requirements for creating cloud storage devices
• Configuring a cloud-storage device in Backup Exec
• Managing cloud-storage in Backup Exec
• Configuring network storage
• Managing disk and network data
• Data Lifecycle Management fundamentals
• DLM rules overview
• Dependent backup sets
• DLM rule
• Manual expiration and retention
• Read only setting
• Media Catalogs
• Configuring tape storage
• Managing tape devices
• Tape storage operations
• Managing tapes with media sets
• Tape Drive Auto Eject enhancements
• Adding a server
• Creating a backup job
• Working with multi-server backup definitions
• Accounts and credentials in Backup Exec
• Managing server selections
• Backup selections – Dynamic inclusion
• Backup selections – Resource ordering
• Backup selections – Excludes
• Adding a backup task
• Backup settings – Backup methods
• Backup settings – Additional settings
• Backup stage basics
• Job name fundamentals
• Manually running backup jobs
• Backup and Restore view
• Server groups
• Backup selections – Tag as Business-Critical
• Retired servers group
• Viewing contents of backup sets
• Restore job basics
• Restore settings
• Granular restore technology (GRT)
• Restoring data from a single backup set
• Restoring data from multiple backup sets
• Restoring data from a cloud storage device
• Restoring data from disk storage
• Restoring data from tape
• Restoring data from backup job
• Online Disaster Recovery
• Restoring System State
• Shadow Copy Components
• Backup Exec Database sensitive data components
• Auto-generated AES-256 encryption key
• Protecting the Database Encryption Key (DEK)
• Simplified Disaster Recovery fundamentals
• Simplified Disaster Recovery – Backup
• Installing the SDR disk creation wizard
• Creating an SDR disk image (.iso) file
• Recovering a server with SDR
• Windows Storage Pools and Spaces
• SDR additional options
• Upgrading the Backup Exec server
• BE CAS and MBES rolling upgrades
• Agent for Windows upgrade
• Migration report
• Data deduplication and Open Storage Technology – Fundamentals
• Enabling the Deduplication Feature
• Configuring Backup Exec deduplication storage
• Exclusion from Windows deduplication
• Configuring OST device
• Deduplication backup job
• Configuring client-side deduplication
• Optimized duplication
• Protecting Backup Exec deduplication storage
• Best practices for the Deduplication Feature
• OpenDedupe OST connector
• OpenDedupe installation and configuration
• Configuring OpenStorage in Backup Exec
• Agent for Windows
• Push-installing the Agent for Windows using the Add Server Wizard
• Locally installing the Agent for Windows
• Managing the Agent for Windows
• Agent for Applications and Databases fundamentals
• Enabling the Agent for Applications and Databases feature
• Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange: Installation
• Backing up a DAG
• Exchange backup selections
• Exchange backup settings
• Exchange Preferred Servers Only backups
• Restoring Exchange Data
• Exchange Database Restore
• GRT Browse Restore
• GRT Search Restore
• Restore Considerations: GRT
• Restore Considerations: Public Folders
• Restore Considerations: Site Mailbox
• Restore Considerations: Database Overwrite
• Restore Considerations: RDB
• Restore Considerations: Disaster Recovery
• Volume Shadow Copy
• Troubleshooting: VSS Provider and Exchange Writer
• Microsoft SQL server agent: Installation
• SQL backup selections
• SQL backup settings
• Restoring a Microsoft SQL server database
• Unsupported Microsoft SQL server features
• SharePoint Agent overview
• Adding a SharePoint server Farm
• Backing up SharePoint
• Restoring SharePoint
• Agent for Microsoft Active Directory
• Traditional Active Directory Restore
• Active Directory: Granular Recovery Technology
• Virtualization technologies
• Backup Exec virtualization Agents
• Installing Agent for VMware and Hyper-V
• Backing up virtual machines
• Instant recovery for virtual machines
• Performing an Instant Recovery for virtual machines
• Removing an Instantly recovered virtual machine
• Instant Recovery Resiliency and Enhancements
• Virtual machine Recovery Ready validation: Overview
• Performing a virtual machine Recovery Ready validation
• Restoring virtual machines
• Conversion to virtual machine fundamentals
• One-time convert to virtual
• Backup and convert simultaneously
• Backup and convert to virtual machine on schedule
• Convert from a backup set
• Virtual conversion options
• Conversion considerations
22-26 Feb 2021
12-16 Jul 2021
PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.