Training is not a commodity – all training centres are not the same. Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd is the most established, the most reputable, and the top professional IT training provider in Malaysia. With a large pool of experienced and certified trainers, state-of-the-art facilities, and well-designed courseware, Iverson offers superior training, a more impactful learning experience and highly effective results.
At Iverson, our focus is on providing high-quality IT training to corporate customers, meeting their learning needs and helping them to achieve their training objectives. Iverson has the flexibility to provide training solutions whether for a single individual or the largest corporation in a well-paced or accelerated training programme.
Our courses continue to evolve along with the fast-changing technological advances. Our instructor-led training services are available on a public and a private (in-company) basis. Some of our courses are also available as online, on demand, and hybrid training.
The foundation of any IT initiatives in an organisation is the business. Understanding and capturing the right business needs will determine the IT capital outlay and direction that IT would take and reciprocate by delivering what the business requires. Combining the best practices of Architecting Business with IT and Business Requirement Architecture approaches, the Business IT Architecture Fundamental course gives one an understanding of the key benefits and strategic values of what IT Architecture brings to the business.
Turning IT to become a profit centre can only be realised when IT becomes a strategic vehicle to the business. To achieve this, both business and IT teams need to understand the challenges this synergy presents by having an in-depth understanding of their cross functional roles. Participants will be introduced and equipped with the practical knowledge on how to engage both the business and the IT teams, by defining and communicating the right business requirements and understanding the importance of quality attributes for the successful implementation of IT project initiatives.
For any businesses, it is always about matching the needs and wants and its no different with IT initiatives for it to succeed, which is about getting the right user requirements from the start and presenting them as an accurate and precise to the business that are consistent and can be easily understood by the stakeholders. One of the biggest challenges in IT projects is to understand what the user requires and giving them exactly that.
This intensive 3 days hands-on workshop will cover the various aspects of architecting IT with the business from the requirements, processes and operations to the challenges and direction of the technology landscape. This course will offer a practical and proven business requirement architectural processes that can be applied to an individual’s organisation both for the short term and the long term, which will help to eliminate project shortfalls and failures. It gives the enterprises an understanding of the positive benefits and comparative advantage of IT Architecture in delivering technology values to the business.
**Certificate of Fundamental Understanding in Aligning IT with Business will be awarded upon successfully passing the exam.
Anyone who needs to understand and harness the strategic values of IT and those who are actively involved in IT projects i.e. those who read, write or contribute to the business requirement, as well as, those who need to ensure the success of IT project (on time, on budget, on resources and on functionality):
According to Standish Group”Chaos Summary 2009”, only 32% of the IT project is successful (on time, on budget and fully functional). Forrester Research found that poorly defined applications (miscommunication between business and IT) contribute to 66% of the project failure rate, costing U.S. businesses at least $30 billion every year.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the impact of adopting and selecting technology and how they can become strategic for the business that delivers the capabilities of IT to enable business agility.
2. Develop, justify and deliver Business Values on IT Architecture’s Return on Investment (ITA-ROI) based on Financial Improvement, Constituent Improvement, Reducing Complexity & Redundancy, Economic Development & Fostering Democracy.
3. Define and present to the business critical non-functional requirements and their trade-offs that will have direct impact on the time, budget, resources and requirements of the IT project.
4. Match the business’ needs and wants accurately and precisely by employing Business Requirement Architecture techniques that can be easily understood and adopted by both the business and IT team.
5. Produce an accurate & precise Business Requirements artefact which will serve as a common communication platform that targets multiple audiences involved in the IT project, i.e. Business stakeholders, Business Users, Project Managers, Database Administrators, Testers, Developers, IT Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, System Analysts, etc..
8-10 Mar 2021
1-3 Nov 2021
PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.