Training is not a commodity – all training centres are not the same. Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd is the most established, the most reputable, and the top professional IT training provider in Malaysia. With a large pool of experienced and certified trainers, state-of-the-art facilities, and well-designed courseware, Iverson offers superior training, a more impactful learning experience and highly effective results.
At Iverson, our focus is on providing high-quality IT training to corporate customers, meeting their learning needs and helping them to achieve their training objectives. Iverson has the flexibility to provide training solutions whether for a single individual or the largest corporation in a well-paced or accelerated training programme.
Our courses continue to evolve along with the fast-changing technological advances. Our instructor-led training services are available on a public and a private (in-company) basis. Some of our courses are also available as online, on demand, and hybrid training.
This two-day CLASSROOM course provides students with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of protocol-independent routing features, load balancing and filter-based forwarding, OSPF, BGP, IP tunneling, and high availability (HA) features. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 18.2R1.9.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) courses prior to attending this class.
JIR is an intermediate-level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe typical uses of static, aggregate, and generated routes.
• Configure and monitor static, aggregate, and generated routes.
• Explain the purpose of Martian routes and add new entries to the default list.
• Describe typical uses of routing instances
• Configure and share routes between routing instances.
• Describe load-balancing concepts and operations.
• Implement and monitor Layer 3 load balancing.
• Illustrate benefits of filter-based forwarding.
• Configure and monitor filter-based forwarding.
• Explain the operations of OSPF.
• Describe the role of the designated router.
• List and describe OSPF area types.
• Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot OSPF.
• Describe BGP and its basic operations.
• Name and describe common BGP attributes.
• List the steps in the BGP route selection algorithm.
• Describe BGP peering options and the default route advertisement rules.
• Configure and monitor BGP.
• Describe IP tunneling concepts and applications.
• Explain the basic operations of generic routing encapsulation (GRE) and IP over IP (IP-IP) tunnels.
• Configure and monitor GRE and IP-IP tunnels.
• Describe various high availability features supported by the Junos OS.
• Configure and monitor some of the highlighted high availability features.
18-19 May 2021
26-27 Jul 2021
20-21 Sep 2021
PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.