Training is not a commodity – all training centres are not the same. Iverson Associates Sdn Bhd is the most established, the most reputable, and the top professional IT training provider in Malaysia. With a large pool of experienced and certified trainers, state-of-the-art facilities, and well-designed courseware, Iverson offers superior training, a more impactful learning experience and highly effective results.
At Iverson, our focus is on providing high-quality IT training to corporate customers, meeting their learning needs and helping them to achieve their training objectives. Iverson has the flexibility to provide training solutions whether for a single individual or the largest corporation in a well-paced or accelerated training programme.
Our courses continue to evolve along with the fast-changing technological advances. Our instructor-led training services are available on a public and a private (in-company) basis. Some of our courses are also available as online, on demand, and hybrid training.
This 4-day course offers hands-on experience with the major features of Spring and Spring Boot, which includes configuration, data access, REST, AOP, auto-configuration, actuator, security, and Spring testing framework to build enterprise and microservices applications. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise and cloud-ready applications.
This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam.
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring and Spring Boot with hands-on experience and a focus on fundamentals
Some developer experience using Java, an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ) and build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• What is the Spring Framework?
• The DI Container
• The Spring Framework History and EcoSystem
• Java configuration and the Spring application context
• @Configuration and @Bean annotations
• @Import: working with multiple configuration files
• Defining bean scopes
• Launching a Spring Application and obtaining Beans
• External properties & Property sources
• Environment abstraction
• Using bean profiles
• Spring Expression Language (SpEL)
• Component scanning
• Autowiring using @Autowired
• Java configuration versus annotations, mixing.
• Lifecycle annotations: @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy
• Stereotypes and meta-annotations
• The Spring Bean Lifecycle
• The BeanFactoryPostProcessor interception point
• The BeanPostProcessor interception point
• Spring Bean Proxies
• @Bean method return types
• What problems does AOP solve?
• Defining pointcut expressions
• Implementing various types of advice
• Spring and Test-Driven Development
• Spring 5 integration testing with JUnit 5
• Application context caching and the @DirtiesContext annotation
• Profile selection with @ActiveProfiles
• Easy test data setup with @Sql
• How Spring integrates with existing data access technologies
• Spring‘s JdbcTemplate
• DataAccessException hierarchy
• Transaction overview
• Transaction management with Spring
• Transaction propagation and rollback rules
• Transactions and integration testing
• Introduction to Spring Boot Features
• Value Proposition of Spring Boot
• Creating a simple Boot application using Spring Initializer website
• Dependency management using Spring Boot starters
• How auto-configuration works
• Configuration properties
• Overriding auto-configuration
• Using CommandLineRunner
• Quick introduction to ORM with JPA
• Benefits of using Spring with JPA
• JPA configuration in Spring
• Configuring Spring JPA using Spring Boot
• Spring Data JPA dynamic repositories
• Introduction to Spring MVC and request processing
• Controller method signatures
• Using @Controller, @RestController and @GetMapping annotations
• Configuring Spring MVC with Spring Boot
• Spring Boot packaging options, JAR or WAR
• An introduction to the REST architectural style
• Controlling HTTP response codes with @ResponseStatus
• Implementing REST with Spring MVC, @RequestMapping, @RequestBody and @ResponseBody
• Spring MVC’s HttpMessageConverters and automatic content negotiation
• Spring Boot testing overview
• Integration testing using @SpringBootTest
• Web slice testing with MockMvc framework
• Slices to test different layers of the application
• What problems does Spring Security solve?
• Configuring authentication
• Implementing authorization by intercepting URLs
• Authorization at the Java method level
• Understanding the Spring Security filter chain
• Spring security testing
• Exposing Spring Boot Actuator endpoints
• Custom Metrics
• Health Indicators
• Creating custom Health Indicators
• External monitoring systems
VMware Spring Certified Professional (VCP-Spring)
22-25 Aug 2023
12-15 Dec 2023
PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.